In this tutorial, we will study and understand what is a computer programming language and also take an introduction about C++ programming language.
What is Computer Programming in general ?
- A programming language is a formal computer language or constructed language designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer.
- Programming languages can be used to create programs to control the behavior of a machine or to express algorithms.
- An algorithm is process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.
- Types of Programming Languages:
- Machine Language
Types of Programming Languages –
1. Machine language –
- It’s the language of machines, consisting of bits (1s and 0s) put together into chunks like bytes, a group of 8 bits, and lots of other larger sizes.
- It’s highly unlikely you will ever have to write in machine language.
2. Assembly Language –
- Assembly language is one level above machine language.
- It uses short abbreviation codes for instructions and allows the programmer to introduce names for blocks of memory that hold data.
- These abbreviations are known as Mnemonics.
3. High Level Language –
- High level languages are closer to human languages and highly understandable.
- Ultimately, programs written in a high-level language must be translated into machine language by a compiler or interpreter.
- Eg: COBOL, C, C++, FORTRAN etc
C++ Programming Language
- C++ is a high-level programming language developed by Bjarne Stroustrup starting in 1979 at Bell Labs. C++ runs on a variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS, and the various versions of UNIX.
- It is an Extension to C programming Language.
- It has Object Oriented Programming Features.
- Primarily used in development of system/application software, drivers, client-server applications and embedded firmware.
First Hello World Program Example –
// my first program
using namespace std;
cout << "Hello World";
So thats it for this tutorial guys, I have a YouTube video tutorial for the same so you can check that youtube video too if you want a video lecture for the same –